Meet G.I. Raffe
G.I. Raffe is a happy boy who loves to learn and meet new people. Growing up at Zoo Atlanta, his favorite part of the day was when kids came to visit him in the giraffe exhibit. He loved walking right up to them to say ‘hello’ – especially during mealtime.
While most of his fellow giraffes were happy playing outside, G.I. Raffe wanted to learn everything he could. He would even sneak into the zoo library to read books! He read about different countries, space exploration, deep-sea diving, and other adventures. But the topic that interested him most was the digestive tract – learning what it does, how it works, and what an important role it plays in our bodies. Perhaps this interest came from the fact that he has four stomachs! In fact, all giraffes do.
So, when G.I. Raffe saw that Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates was looking for help educating pediatric patients about the digestive tract, it was the perfect job for him.
Fun Facts about G.I. Raffe
- Birth Place: Zoo Atlanta
- Age: 5 years old
- Height: 15 feet tall
- Favorite Foods: Fruits and fresh tree leaves!
- Favorite Song: He likes the oldies, especially “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
- Favorite Movie: Madagascar and The Lion King
- Favorite TV Show: Planet Earth and MasterChef Junior
- Favorite Hobby: Reading, cooking healthy meals, and playing basketball with his friends
- Motto: “Always reach for new heights!”